ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID
1. Sealed bids for the furnishing of the necessary materials and construction of
SOUTH PERRY STREET WASTEWATER LIFT STATION (OPWC)
VILLAGE OF OTTAWA, OHIO
will be received by the Village of Ottawa, 136 N. Oak Street, Ottawa, Ohio 45875 until:
10:00 A.M. LOCAL TIME
THURSDAY, JUNE 16th, 2016
and at that time and place bids will be publicly opened and read aloud.
2. The proposed work consists of the following:
Installing a new lift station, removing an existing lift station from service and modifying the existing river siphon.
Installing approx. 600 feet of 8-inch gravity inch sanitary sewer.
Installing approx. 1200 feet of 6-inch force main.
Engineer’s Project Cost Estimate is $ 450,000.
3. The Bidding Documents shall be purchased at a cost of $50 (non-refundable). Requests for bid packages shall be directed to Bockrath & Associates Engineering and Surveying, LLC, 115 S. Fair Avenue, Suite A, Ottawa, Ohio 45875, Phone: 419-523-5789. In order for bids to be received you must be a plan holder of record with the issuing office.
4. Bids must be submitted on the forms bound in the Bidding Documents and must be accompanied by either a Bid Guaranty and Contract Bond with satisfactory corporate surety in the amount of 100% of the bid amount, or by certified check or bank check on a solvent bank in the amount of not less than 10% of the maximum bid amount, subject to the conditions provided in the Instructions to Bidders.
5. Each proposal must contain the full name of the party or parties submitting the proposal and all persons interested therein. Each bidder must submit evidence of its experiences on projects of similar size and complexity. Bids shall be sealed and marked as – Bid for the SOUTH PERRY STREET WASTEWATER LIFT STATION PROJECT (OPWC), VILLAGE of OTTAWA, OHIO and hand delivered or mailed to:
THE VILLAGE OF OTTAWA
136 NORTH OAK STREET
OTTAWA, OHIO 45875
6. This project is partially funded by the Ohio Public Works Commission (OPWC) and attention must be given to all of the requirements contained in the bid packet, prevailing wage rates, various insurance requirements, various equal opportunity provisions, and the requirement for a payment and performance bond for 100% of the contract price.
7. Bids will only be accepted from the Bidders listed on the Engineer’s Official list of plan holders.
8. All contractors and subcontractors involved with the project will, to the extent practicable, use Ohio Products, materials, services, and labor in the implementation of their project. Additionally, contractor compliance with the equal employment opportunity requirements of the Ohio Administrative Code Chapter 123, the Governor’s Executive Order of 1972, and Governor’s Executive Order 84-9 shall be required.
9. Domestic steel use requirements as specified in Section 153.011 of the revised code apply to this project. Copies of Section 153.011 of the revised code can be obtained from any of the Offices of the Department of Administrative Services.
10. Bidders must comply with the prevailing wage rates on Public Improvements in Putnam County, Ohio as determined by the Ohio Bureau of Employment Services, Wage and Hour Division, (614) 644-2239.
11. Village of Ottawa reserves the right to reject any or all bids, and to waive all informalities not involving price, time, or changes in the work.